Wednesday, September 26, 2007

things I love about my friends

many of you have some light in your eye or a laugh that makes me feel light inside, or sage words in those key moments - so please forgive me if I forget to mention you here, but these are the handful of things I was really thankful for when I awoke this morning in my little north african themed hotel near Pont Neuf.

Ankur...for--via Deep--introducing me to Mika whose poppy piano tunes play in stores in Paris and on my pod keeping me company over here.

Isabel...for handing me that sweater saying "it's fall there , it'll be cold, you should find room for this in your bag"

Mike (& Alexandra)...for always reminding me that the truth is always kind...always, always...(thanks monkeys!)

Michelle...for sharing your stories, unsinkable spirit and that great smile - we will write and dance when you're home in SF

Charles-Henry...for sharing your friends, wine, and dinner in your garden under the stars

Jen...for opening the door to your piece of paris, filled with poets and literati - and letting me come inside, you are truly wonderful

Palak, Chris, Eric, Deep, Zabed, Kath and everyone else who sent notes, quips, jokes, dance updates and other bits of news from home - all of them like little guylines, bringing me back down to earth - you make me smile

Adrian and Laur and everyone who commented on and off the blog - for encouraging, pushing and daring me to write, post and write more.

No comments: