Thursday, February 14, 2008

What do project managers do in their spare time, you ask? The Great San Francisco Pillow Fight, 2008 that's what!

I've fielded this question a bunch of times in the past week, not quite knowing how to answer - but tonight there was a truly interesting answer- and my colleague Kerrin has the video footage to prove it (please destroy the tapes, please?):
The Great San Francisco Pillow Fight 2008

I am having trouble describing this spectacularly surreal event - in the dusk near the embarcadero in San Francisco where, just before the stroke of 6 on this valentine's day - the pillows flew. Crashing through the crowd - there are singularly great opponents that one ends up dueling with almost like its a swordfight rather than the blatant childlike bedroom pillow throwing fun that this is. My stress dissipates as I imagine the most frustrating people at work, and pummel them with my pillow. Pillows begin to be ripped open and the air fills with feathers - swirling like new snow.

"Hey, that's not a pillow, that's your laundry man!" I hear someone shout as I get clocked in the head.

I feel tired, yet exhilarated, alive...I think this was even better than the mosh pit when Pearl Jam came home to Seattle in 92 - which is saying a lot.





I am so happy and lucky that I live a train ride away from wacky, interesting, fun, magical things that happen somewhere every day in this city.

No comments: